Saturday, January 25, 2014

Olympic Lifting Course - Session 6

Today was our last session of the Olympic Lifting Course, I missed Thursdays session as I went for a mini break to Mount Gambier instead, before I head back to work next week.

I haven't been to Crossfit since last Saturday, I was so sore after the two workouts and then I had to dig a huge hole in the backyard to find a water leak, so did my own dig a hole WOD over a couple of days.

So today was all about finding our 1RPM for the Snatch and the Clean and Jerk. I was nervous after missing Thursday's session, but worked up to 25kg for the Snatch in 2.5kg increments. At the 25kg mark I didn't feel like I had good form. I did three reps at that weight and the last one felt the strongest and the coach gave it to me.

I was impressed with my ability to lift a lot more weight with the Clean and Jerk, especially as the first time I learnt the technique I was scared of it. Again I went up in 2.5kg increments until I tried for 40kg's and I found I just couldn't clean this weight, nevertheless I was happy to Clean and Jerk 37.5kg's and it felt good and strong!

I have really gained so much from the Olympic Lifting Course, my technique feels so much better, I just need to try and remember all the little things. He is hoping to run another course during the school holidays in April, so I hope with work I will be able to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment