Tuesday, January 28, 2014

38 Degree Midday WOD

I was meant to start my new job today, but they postponed it until tomorrow, this gave me a chance to head to the box for the Noon class.

Todays WOD:


Power clean
  • 2 x 5reps @ 40%,
  • 2 x 5reps @ 50%,
  • 2 x 5reps @ 60%
B) 5 rounds for time:
  • 9 HR burpees
  • 6 C2B pull up
  • 3 thruster (50/35)
  • Rest 1min
*note: Continuous movement throughout the working period is the aim here. Scale as needed to stay on the move for the entirety of EVERY round!

Our box isn't air-conditioned, we have fans, but it was hot. The heat made the entire WOD today tough!

I am starting to enjoy power cleans, feeling like I am starting to get the technique. My one rep max is 37.5kg for the cleans. I started using the 15kg bar, next round at 19kg's and third round at 23kg's. The last couple of sets of 23kg's were tough as I was dripping sweat and so hot, but the coach was happy with my technique!

I wasn't looking forward to part B in the workout, but I don't think about it too much, just start, then keep working. The first couple of sets were tough mentally, but once I was onto the third round, I knew I was over half way.

I still do step-up burpees, I really want to do real burpees, but don't seem to have the flexibility, core strength or confidence. It also means in any games I will come last due to my scaling.

For the chest to bar I used the blue and red band and managed to get my chest to the bar each time, except for when I gave myself one no rep. That was my first time of doing chest to bars.

For the thrusters I used a 15kg bar, I could of done 20kg's, but in the heat I just wanted to finish. I ended up with a time of around 12 mins something.

I found once I was finished due to the heat I couldn't think, there was no relief, but I was glad I completed the WOD.

I am so not a summer girl, I love winter with everything green and good temperatures for gardening, or running or doing anything really. The only bad thing about winter are the shorter daylight hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment