Saturday, January 18, 2014

Olympic Lifting Course - Session 3 + 4 and Angie

Adelaide has just experienced a week long heatwave and on Thursday, Adelaide happened to be the hottest place in the world. This just happened to be the next day of the Olympic Lifting Course. It was great to continue working on the techniques, but I worked slowly and with light weight and the sweat was dripping off us. It was nice to finish with a nice cool zooper dooper (icy pole).

Today was our 4th session of the Olympic Lifting Course and we worked on our snatches and clean and jerk technique. After a couple of warm up sets, the lifts started to feel good, I mostly need to work on shrugging at the moment. I don't seem to know how to incorporate the shrug yet, it doesn't feel right, but I'm sure it will come.  It's strange, when the coach gives me lots of tips I feel like I have so much to work on, but when he doesn't give me lots of tips I wonder why, does that mean I am mostly doing it ok?

I am looking forward to the next two sessions, but sad when it is over, I will definitely do another one if I can.

So I tried to sneak out after today's 1 hr olympic lifting session, but people kept encouraging me to stay for the Angie WOD, so decided to stay.

I scaled the workout to half the reps, so did 50 of each. I used a blue and red band for the pull-ups and I found my hands and legs were shaking. Towards the end of the 50 reps I struggled to knock out more then 2 or 3 at a time.

Next were the push-ups and I scaled to knee push-ups, but these were the hardest part of the whole workout, I just don't seem to have the arm strength at the moment for push-ups and my technique I know was bad.

Next were the sit-ups and squats and these were easily doable. I actually finished first with 16:21 I think it was, so definitely could of scaled to 75 reps of each, but at least I have a baseline now.

It was great to be back, as I avoid the box during the extreme heat.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had Oly lifting specialty courses; there is so much I need to perfect with all my lifts.

    ReplyDelete