Sunday, December 22, 2013

Can Anyone Do Crossfit?

This was the question I pondered before joining the fundamentals class four months ago.

What convinced me to signup? 
The support of my peers and the fact that the fundamentals class was only a two week commitment.

Why did I decide to continue with crossfit after completing the fundamentals course?
It was the wonderful support of the coaches and crossfit members, the scalability of the workouts and the intense desire to learn and improve. I want to be able to do headstands, handstands, I want to do unassisted pull-ups, lift heavier weights, double-unders and one day do muscle-ups!

What was my fitness level before starting crossfit?
I could run/walk up to approximately 19 km's slowly.

What can I do now that I couldn't when I started crossfit?
Box jumps
Kipping pull-ups with orange/green band (couldn't do any when I first started)
Hollow hold
Weightlifting moves (but always working on technique)

I still can't do -  wall climbs, headstands/handstands, muscle-ups, ring dips and many other things, but this is one of the reasons why I love crossfit so much, I am getting stronger and always closer to achieving these moves. The other reason is that the coaches focus on improving technique, improving strength, not on how we look or how much weight we are losing.

If you are thinking about joining a crossfit box, but don't think you are fit enough, slim enough (or any other reason), join anyway because every single move can be scaled! It will change your life, it is changing mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment