Monday, December 9, 2013

The last 12 months...

November 2012 I had a wake-up call when I got a phone call from the doctor about my blood results telling me I had borderline fatty liver and thyroid issues, amazingly my iron levels were fine.

I decided it was time to start exercising again, but it had to be fun and enjoyable, something I looked forward to, rather then previously being something I dreaded.

I decided to use my "Run 5k" app I had purchased previously, which was 3 runs a week, running/walking as the app beeped at me. I focused on how great I felt after each run and it wasn't long before I was hooked!

Next I downloaded the "Zombies! Run" app, which as you run you listen to a story on zombies and collect supplies to help rebuild the township once you get home from the run. It was a fun way to pass the time running around and around the local footy oval.

From this I continued running regularly 3 times a week, and started trail running in the beautiful Adelaide Hills on weekends.

Three months ago I was alerted to the fact that a Crossfit box was opening in Mt Barker, so nervously and excitedly I signed up for the first 2 week fundamentals course to be held at the box and have been hooked since. The coaches are amazing and so supportive of everyone, as well as encouraging us to support each other as we work through the days WOD (workout of the day).

I am experiencing so many emotions, feelings and thoughts through Crossfit that I wanted a place to share these... I have gained so much from reading a friends blog, that I decided to start my own, so here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment