Monday, December 16, 2013

Weightlifting!

Tonight the WOD was:

A) Strict Press

    5-5-5-5-5-3-3

B) 3 rounds of:

    6 Bent Over Row
    6 BTN push press
    6 Weighted Good Mornings
    30sec hollow hold
    Rest as needed between rounds

I really enjoy this style of class, it is work at your own pace and more strength training, my favourite style. I am trying to focus on technique, so worked up to 19kg strict press, whilst keeping good technique. The part B) I did with a 15kg bar, again working on technique rather then going too heavy.

Good fun class...

After class I did a little mobility work, ankles and hip flexors. I am constantly working on mobility to allow me to squat deeper.

Then decided to play with my kipping pullups. When I first joined I struggled to do kipping pullups with a blue and red band, today I managed 6 kipping pullups with the orange and green band. Very happy and slowly improving. Finished off with a few strict pullups, using the blue and red band.

Also in more exciting news I put my name down for 6 in-house weightlifting technique sessions in January, $60 for the 6 sessions with an experienced weight lifter, who competes in the Commonwealth Games. Very excited as I definitely prefer weightlifting to cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment