Thursday, April 3, 2014

Murray Bridge Fun Run

Sunday 30th March was the Murray Bridge Fun Run, and I had encouraged my sister to enter the 5k with me. It was her first fun run, plus she'd had a baby only a couple of months ago. I always find it hard to run with someone else in a race. If I'm on my own I push really hard, but also run my own race, but with someone else I don't know how hard to run. In the end I think it worked well. We had a good talking pace for the first half and then really pushed hard for the second half which saw us come in at 39:07 mins.

The event was really well organised, cheap entry fees, free jumping castle and free 1km run for the kids. My two oldest nieces 5 and 3 (I think their ages are), entered the 1km run and did really well, with Dad running and encouraging them along. They had fun and were happy to do it, but thinking about it, 1km is a long way at that age. They all did really really well.

I caught up with a few other runners I knew and had a chat, it was just a beautiful day, fog in the morning with the sun coming out just before the run started. Good fun morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment