Thursday, April 3, 2014

Prowling

Yesterday was my third PT session and I was so so tired from not sleeping well the night before and then up at 3am for a 4am work start. I got through the session and enjoyed it all except the last little heart starter with the prowler sled.

Started with a warm up on the bike, then front squats for technique. I've been allowed to have my feet a little wider and this has helped me get deeper with my squats. In fact yesterday was the deepest I've ever gotten down and it felt good, although getting back up was tough. I was complimented on my straight back, which apparently is perfect for squatting, something I haven't been told before. I can't help, but wonder if all the mobilisation work I have been doing since I started Crossfit last September is helping with a lot of this stuff.

Next a combination of strict pull-ups and kipping pull-ups (with a band), then knee-ups. The knee-ups felt better then ever before. They were in between knee-ups and knees to chest, feet together, again felt good and was complimented on technique. I feel like I am finally starting to get stronger and get "stuff". I have started practising knee ups on my gym rings at home, which is probably helping as well.

To finish I got to use the prowler sled for the first time, run down and back pushing it. That really got the heart pumping and the thighs pumping. I'd be happy not use that one again, although I am wondering if I felt worse due to lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment