Saturday, March 1, 2014

Training For My Third Half Marathon

I have decided today, with 10 weeks to go, that I'm going to enter and run the Great Ocean Road marathon, which is actually 23km's, whereas the official half marathon distance is 21.1km's.

A friend asked me to go with free accommodation, so I'm going to run it, enjoy the view (entire run along the ocean), soak up the atmosphere and the experience with my friend/s.

I have also just purchased the Half Marathon Roadmap mostly because it is a plan for vegetarians, with food suggestions and also keen to see his training plan. I am going to have to modify all the distances as they are in miles and also start in week 3, as it is a 12 week program, but otherwise for $25 USD it looks good.

Tomorrow I will go for my first run in over a month. Hoping it goes well...

No comments:

Post a Comment