Tuesday, March 18, 2014

First Personal Training Session

Sadly I've decided to put my Crossfit Membership on hold for a few months until I work out my routine with my new work hours. I am finding the class times don't work for me anymore. 

I had a personal recommendation for a personal trainer with a Crossfit background.She works in 30 min blocks, which makes it affordable, with the goal to work up to two sessions a week.

Yesterday was a getting to know me session, we worked up through the weights for split jerks, which felt good, jumping on the bike in between each set, strict pull-ups and ball throws over the shoulder. I definitely got a solid workout within the 30 mins.

I love weight/strength training, Olympic lifts, pull-ups etc, so we are going to work more on these things and I can work on the cardio in my own time. Next session is next Wednesday morning before work.

In other news I have made the last minute decision to train and run the Great Ocean Road Half Marathon. This one has been on the horizon the last few years, but this is going to be the year to run it. I have 8 weeks left and my body is feeling good. The Crossfit training has really helped with my speed and fitness. I have a couple of other fun runs and maybe one or two big runs in sight for later this year.

1 comment:

  1. What a shame you had to give up your membership :-(

    It sounds like you have got some great things planned with regard to your fitness though.

    ReplyDelete