Saturday, February 1, 2014

CJ and Snatching

Todays WOD:

A) 1RM Clean & jerk (20mins)
B) 1RM Snatch (20mins)
*Note: No more than 3 missed attempts at each lift!
I wasn't going to attend Saturday's session, but couldn't miss it when I saw we were doing the Clean and Jerk and Snatch. Given we'd only just completed one rep max's last Saturday for the Olympic Weight Lifting course, I wasn't expecting any PR's, but I was looking forward to working on the technique.

We paired up due to the large number of people attending and then jumped straight in. I know now that I didn't do enough for the warm-up for the clean and jerk, plus feeling sore from last nights workout. I found it tough to clean and jerk and I think a warm-up with lighter weights would of helped. I only got to 35kg's today, as I couldn't clean the 37.5kg, which is my PR and wasn't too fussed.

Next we moved onto the snatch and as my partner hadn't really done any Olympic lifting and I wasn't feeling strong, we decided to work on the technique for the snatch, rather then a 1RM. We stuck at 20 kg's and the coach told me to work on hanging out in the squat position of the snatch, with the weight overhead, to start getting me comfortable in the position. I also needed to work on not jumping my feet out so wide. I could feel myself making the small improvements during the class, which is what it is all about!

Feeling sore now in the shoulders, and hamstrings, which will be a combination of last nights class and today, but enjoying the feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment