Tuesday, February 18, 2014

150 Unbroken Skips

Yesterday's WOD:


A) Bench Press
10, 5, 3, 1, 3, 5, 10
B) For time.
Buy – in: 100 DU
15, 12, 9
  • thruster (42.5/30)
  • pull ups
Cash out: 50 DU
I am really struggling with the change in shifts in my job, especially the early morning shift 4am - Noon, getting up at 3.10am. I have a couple of hours nap and then head to the box for the WOD at 5.30pm, but need to be in bed by about 7pm. I just feel exhausted. I am going to try open gym at 4.30pm and see if this works better. Just going to take a bit to get used to my hours.
Yesterday I really enjoyed the  bench press, but probably started too light at 15kg's, but worked up to a 1 rep of 45 kg's (happy with) and then worked back down to 25kg's, doing this weight for the 5 and 10 reps.
Part B was tough. I hadn't been to a workout for almost two weeks as I got my first cold in 18 months or so from my new job and wanted to take it easy, but all the 15kg bars were gone. I ended up using a 20kg bar for the first two rounds, but it was hard, my technique felt bad and I just felt a mess, so went down to 15kg for the last round as someone had finished. The pull-ups weren't any better, using red and green bands. The only positive was that for the first time I did 100 single skips unbroken and then finished with 50 unbroken single skips. I am wrapped, as normally I am tripping over my feet and the rope!
It was tough workout and I didn't even feel good afterwards, I was upset and stressed that I had to rush home and go to bed so I could try and get enough sleep. Just going to take some time for my body to get used to it!
Next week I am rostered on Noon - 8pm, so hopefully going to try and go to a couple of 6am morning WOD's and see how my body copes after finishing at 8pm. I am thinking that this way should be ok. Next week I would also like to try riding to work a couple of times and see how I feel.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 45 kg bench 1RM ... you are so strong!

    Well done with your skipping.

    ReplyDelete